Five Reasons to Study and Celebrate the Biblical Festivals
1. All Scripture is ‘God-breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness’. 2 Timothy 3:16,17
2. The Festivals are prophetic ‘types’ and they foreshadow future events. They are God’s prophetic calendar from the Cross to the Millennial Kingdom. 1 Peter 1:10-12
3. They are ‘a shadow of things to come’. They point to Jesus Christ, the reality and substance. Hebrews 10:1,2; Colossians 2:16,17
4. Jesus said He had come to fulfil the Law and the Prophets. Luke 24:26,27; 44-45; John 5:45-46, Acts 3:22,23
5. God’s calendar of seven Festivals (Passover to Sukkot), reveal the complete ministry of Jesus Christ both in his first coming and his future return. God’s appointed celebrations were given to Israel, but the message and realities of these celebrations belong to all who believe in Jesus Christ for salvation.
Ephesians 3:6 “…through the gospel, the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body and sharers together in the promise.”